Senior Volunteer Program),
a nationwide volunteer program, invites you to use your life experience
and skills to answer the call of your neighbors in need in
Brooke-Hancock-Ohio-Marshall County division of West Virginia
sponsored by the Brooke County Committee on Aging.
The term RSVP comes
from the French expression "répondez s'il vous plaît", meaning "please respond".
Do You have What it
Takes to be a RSVP volunteer?
Are you over 55 years of age;
* Can you volunteer al least a few hours
every week; and
* Do you enjoy working with others to
solve community problems.
Benefit as a RSVP volunteer
Free volunteer placement;
* The opportunity to utilize your
experience and skills;
* The chance to learn something new every
* Supplemental accident and liability
* The satisfaction of knowing you are
making a difference.
Your Neighbors Benefit
by your volunteering
Provide food for the homeless and hungry;
* Build housing for low-income neighbors;
* Help local law enforcement make
* Protect fragile rivers and forests; and
* Change lives by mentoring and tutoring
RSVP though funded in part
by the Corporation for National & Community Service,
relies heavily on the generosity of local agencies and the desire of
and older to be of service to others.
has no restrictions based on education, income, experience, ethnic
background or creed.
* Volunteers are covered for personal injury and liability arising
from volunteer activities.
* Excess automobile liability covers volunteers who drive their cars
incurred in connection with their program-related volunteer
* This is in excess of the insurance carried on individual cars.
* Training and supervision is given to all volunteers.
* Volunteers are honored at special Recognition
* Volunteers are given the
opportunity to make new friends, assignments that coincide
with their special interests, and a chance to make a difference
in their community.
* Volunteering allows you to use your experience, skill and wisdom to
help your neighbors
and those in need.
Check out what's new with RSVP